The Catholic University of America School of Nursing Undergraduate program currently partners with over fifteen world class healthcare facilities, spread across Washington D.C. and adjoining areas of Maryland and Virginia. Each undergraduate student completes their clinical hours at sites including, but not limited to:
MedStar Washington Hospital Center – approximately 926 beds; 1600 nurses; admits 110 patients per day; 60 cardiac catheterization procedures per day; average 5 open heart surgeries / day; 240 patients/day in ER; 465 out-patient procedures/day; Trauma center; national Burn Center; Neurological Intervention and Neurosurgery center
The INOVA Health System– ranked #1 US news world report in all dc hospitals (25 total)- 5 main hospital sites, many facilities; approximately 927 beds at Inova Fairfax Hospital; 28 births/day
The George Washington University Hospital – approximately 371 beds; inner city; 204 patient/day in ER
Holy Cross Hospital – approximately 425 beds, a Catholic hospital, 24 births / day
Childrens’ National Medical Center- over 1500 nurses; Children’s National is the regional referral center for cancer, cardiac and critical care, fetal medicine, neonatology, neurology, neurosurgery, orthopaedic surgery, pediatric emergency medicine and trauma. Children’s Emergency Medicine and Trauma Center is the region’s Level I Pediatric Trauma Center, the highest rating possible, and serves the District of Columbia, Virginia, Maryland, Delaware, and West Virginia.
References:https://www.medstarhealth.org/washington/Pages/default.aspx; http://www.inova.org/ ; http://www.gwhospital.com/ ; http://www.holycrosshealth.org/ ; http://www.childrensnational.org/
Here are some of the sites that welcome our students:
- Alexandria Health Department, Alexandria, VA.
- Cardiology Associates, P.C., Washington, DC.
- Community of Hope Health Services, Washington, DC.
- HSC Pediatric Center (formerly the Hospital for Sick Children) Washington, DC.
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore, MD.
- Little Sisters of the Poor, Washington, DC.
- N Street Village, Inc., Washington, DC.
- National Institutes of Health Clinical Center, Bethesda, MD.
- Walter Reed National Military Medical Center Bethesda, MD.
- St. Ann's Infant and Maternity Home, Hyattsville, MD.
- St. Anthony's School, Washington, DC.
- S.O.M.E., Washington, DC.
- Veterans Administration Hospital, Washington, DC.
- Visiting Nurse Association, Washington, DC.